New Options for Outdoor Advertising
Out of home advertising is constantly evolving. From traditional billboards, bus bench & kiosk ads to bus wraps to shuttle and car share wraps. Now, more than ever, there are more ways – and more unique opportunities – to get your messaging across.
The evolution of ride share apps and it’s users continues to grow in 2020. And now, you can utilize ride share vehicles as a medium to advertise your business or brand. Below are some quick Uber facts:
- Uber has approximately 91 million active monthly users
- Uber hires approximately 50,000 new Uber drivers every month
- In the U.S., Uber completes as many as 40 million rides each month
- New York City is the busiest Uber city for drivers in the U.S.
- Uber’s market share in the United States is nearly 70% as of October 2019
- Uber users ages 18 to 29 account for 45% of riders while people ages 30 to 49 make up 36% of users
Meanwhile, in 2018, Lyft gave over 619.4 million rides to consumers – that’s a lot of car sharing! Below are some quick facts on Lyft:
- Lyft has around 2 million drivers as of 2019
- Lyft is estimated to have about 18.6 million monthly active users
- Lyft’s market share is 35% compared to Uber’s 70%
- Lyft gives over 178.4 million rides per quarter
- As of January 2019, Lyft had recorded 65 million app downloads
Ride Share Advertising
Ride sharing continues its growth with Uber & Lyft continuing their competition to be #1 in the marketplace. One difference between the two ride share apps is that Uber has more than 3 million active drivers, while Lyft has about 1.4 million. However, while Lyft’s market share might be lower compared to Uber’s, it is still the highest-rated. (90% of Lyft rides are rated 5-star by passengers)
As a marketer or advertiser, what this means is more eyeballs seeing your ad because of the sheer number of ride shares cars now operating on roadways across the U.S. And, if you’re targeting adults ages 18-49, you’re reaching approximately 81% of consumers within this demographic who utilize Uber or Lyft on a regular basis.
Ride Sharing is one of the fastest growing platforms in the Online Mobility Service market moving from the traditional taxi service model to on-demand booking services via apps that make the process easier than ever for consumers.
Interested in finding out how advertising on Ride Share vehicles can benefit your brand or business? Contact us for more information or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org We can help your brand get noticed!
Photo Credit: Ad Focus, Inc.